Fill in the blank with the words below:
- Scientists believe the first humans coming to the Americas came from ____________.
- These people crossed the Bering Strait which was a strip of __________ connecting _____________ to Alaska.
- The name of this strip of land is ____________________.
- The massive hunks of ice that covered land during the Ice Age were called ___________.
- One of the large animals the hunters followed were called ________________.
- The modern country the ancient people first pass through to get to North and South America was __________________.
- Traveling Tribes were called ________________.
- Making a sharp point for a spear from bone or stone was called ________________.
- These spear points were called ____________________.
- Central American tribes were first to farm or develop ___________________.
- The most important crop was __________________ because it could be preserved and kept through the winter.
- Natives believed crops were gifts from their ___________.
- Religious people who lived in Mexico and built temples on top of flat pyramids were called __________________.
- People who built large earthworks were called ____________________.
- One very famous mound is located near Cincinnati, OH and is called _____________________________.
- Mound Builders that made pots, woven mats and carved figures to trade with other tribes were ____________________.
- _________________________ were the tribe that settled in the city called Cahokia.
- _________________________ lived in the United States SouthWest in large cities 100 BC to 1300 AD.
- ________________________ are apartment like dwellings made of mud bricks and sandstone.
- Mud bricks are also called ____________________.
- Digging ditches to carry water to crops is called _____________________.
- The place where the Anasazi held religious ceremonies was called the _____________.
Circle the correct answer. Most of these questions come from the links provided in the lesson.
- How much of the earth was covered with ice during the ice age?
- Who was the first scientist to study the Ice Age?
- Louis Aggasiz
- Albert Einstine
- Louis Poorman
- None of the above
- How long ago did the Ice Age People live?
- 25,000 years ago
- 35,000 years ago
- 50,000 years ago
- 15,000 years ago
- The tribe who originated the Three sisters gardening technique was…
- The Native Fetishes were used to:
- Solve a problem
- Influence others
- They were only worn as jewelry
- What was offered to the fetishes to keep them happy?
- Cornmeal and water
- buffalo meat
- fruits and vegetables
- leaves and branches
- The Adena built mounds in:
- Ohio, W Virginia, Indiana
- Florida, Georgia, South Carolina
- Arizona, New Mexico
- The Adena people lived in:
- In houses made of logs
- In tipis
- In underground dirt houses
- In circular houses made of wood and bark
- What does the Anasazi word "Sipapu" mean?
- Passage from two different worlds
- a chair made of wood
- a house made of adobe
- a cooking pot
- The Kivas were entered by:
- Walking in a door
- Crawling through a window
- Climbing down a ladder
- Pulling back a curtain
- The box-like features on the Kiva floors were:
On a separate piece of paper write the following:
- Write your version of one of the Creation Stories.
- Write several technologies of our age and some technologies of the ancient people.
Modern Technologies TV, Computers
Ancient Technologies Irregation, Fire
For the answer key go to: http://members.tripod.com/starspirit/anam2.htm